Safe library use in the Book Tower
Measures to slow down the spread of the Coronavirus Covid-19 will be sustained for some time. Check the official updates regularly on www.ugent.be/en/coronavirus, where you will also find details about the use of libraries.
Reservation is required
To limit the spaces in which people circulate, only the Reading Room Special Collections will be accessible for consultation of the collections.
- First, reserve a seat via email email@example.com.
- We will confirm your reservation as soon as possible and depending on availability.
- Next, request your documents at least 2 working days in advance. This way, everything will be ready for you.
In August, you can reserve a seat for the morning (9-12), the noon (12:30-14:30) or the afternoon (15-17) time slot. You can arrive and depart whenever you want within the time slot you reserved.
The following safety measures are in effect:
- Wear facial cover at all times in the library.
- Disinfect your hands at the entrance to the reading room.
- The library regulations remain in force: bags, coats, food and drinks are prohibited in the Reading Room. Please use the lockers at the entrance. They will be thoroughly disinfected after each use.
- Respect the time slot allotted to you. Our staff needs the intervals to transfer collections and to keep the workspaces clean.
We ask you to respect these rules and follow the instructions of the staff for everyone’s safety.
Return your books on loan to Book Tower or your Faculty Library
Please return your books to the Book Tower, where we have safe conditions for you to collect or return your books. We will accept all UGent library books there and dispatch them to the Departments when they reopen.
If this doesn't suit you, you can also return the books in your Faculty. Please get in touch with your Faculty Library to get more precise directions and service hours: https://lib.ugent.be/en/libraries/